WVK Centraal collects (privacy-sensitive) information that is provided to us by the associations. WVK Centraal values the privacy of her partners & members and makes every effort to ensure the protection of personal information.
This privacy was last updated on July 26th, 2019.
A membership to WVK Centraal is automatically granted to all student associations affiliated to WVK Centraal in accordance to the rules provided by Ghent University (https://dsa.ugent.be). For each association this membership (and by extension, voting right) can be carried out by the president or vice-president from the association or a selected representative of their choice.
To opt out of this membership, would mean to relinquish all ties of the association with Ghent University. This can be carried out by performing the steps as described in the statutes.
We process the following data when you make use of our facilities:
- Information provided to us by Ghent University for membership validation
- Information provided to us by https://dsa.ugent.be
- Name(s) of the president (vice-president or selected representative(s)).
- E-mail address, to inform the association about upcoming meetings and important information if this information can not be provided by Ghent University (e.g. in September before the official deadline).
- Statutes of the associations, to validate them and to verify that no overlap between associations occur in contradiction with the WVK Centraal statutes.
- Yearly reports, to validate them in accordance with the WVK Centraal statutes.
- Financial reports, if submitted, to make an estimate for the required yearly funds.
- Names of previous WVK Centraal board members to track WVK Centraal history.
- Associations of previous WVK Centraal board members to track WVK Centraal history.
- Any pictures from WVK Centraal activities or meetings, unless explicitly prohibited by a member on the picture.
- Any other information provided to us, in free will, by the association to be kept for archiving purposes.
Our specific purposes
The data you provide to us will only be used for practical purposes. Under no circumstances will your data be passed along to third parties without your permission, with the exception of the following third parties.
Providing Data to Third Parties
Personal data mentioned in e-mails is passed along to the board of WVK Centraal. Personal data mentioned on invoices is passed along to our accountant and to the board of WVK Centraal.
WVK Centraal can be accountable to pass certain personal data along to Ghent University or associated organisation : "Dienst StudentenActiviteiten".
Consulting stored data
All data can be consulted by a member of WVK Centraal and only requires to send an email to email@example.com with the request of which data the member would like to access.
Modifying or appending data
If a member want to modify existing data or append new data (for archive purposes) they can do this by simply sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request for deletion
A member can send a request to delete the data. This data encompasses the data entry corresponding to that member in the internal contact sheet and pictures of the individual (except the annual group picture). No data can be deleted from official Ghent University documents or meeting reports.
All data is stored on a shared Google Drive, where only WVK Centraal board members have access to.
The data is kept for an undefined period as (almost all) stored data is available in the official Ghent University archives. Any official data will be archived until the dismantling of WVK Centraal, in which case all data is transferred to Ghent University. Personal email addresses will be stored for 10 years after that person is no longer associated with WVK Centraal or a request for deletion is send in.