General Operations

On this page, important files and deadline regarding the general operations of an associations affiliated with WVK.


ALL activities, even meetings, should be submitted through this website!
The most recent guidelines can be found on the website of the DSA and the website of the city of Ghent. There you will find a reference guide in order to organise and register your activities.


All required administrations of an association are detailed in our statutes. The statutes of WVK can be found here.

Information form

The information form is a mandatory document that has to be submitted before 15 October (19 o'clock) each year. This form is can be generated from this page and has to be signed and submitted via email to the DSA.
In the section Board members the UGent usernames of the President, Vice-President, Treasurer and Webmaster have to be filled in. The first three functions have to be unique and can not be executed by the same person, with the exception of webmaster, that function can be combined with another. All board members have to be enrolled in the new academic year, by the 15th of October, but the form can be submitted before then.

Bank form

This form has to be submitted before 15 October (19 o'clock) each year. This form is can be generated from this page and has to be signed by the bank and then submitted in person at the DSA headquarters.
In section Banking data the names of the account holders have to be filled in, but these people do not have to be enrolled at Ghent University, so in theory, these names can stay the same if the account holders do not change. This form has to be signed off by your bank before submitting it to the DSA. VZW's have to be careful, as their statutes have to be adapted to reflect the new board members before they can change the account holders and this can take a while, possibly missing the deadline. We advice to fill in the previous account holders, verify them with the bank and change the holders after the deadline.


A detailed overview on the use of the subsidies can be found here. We strongly advice you to read through the section about subsidies as this will tell you exactly what is eligible for funding and what isn't.
To apply for funds for an activity, first this activity has to submitted to the DSA panel (beforehand). You can apply for funds via the DSA Controlpanel. If you have additional questions if something is eligible for funds, you can always contact the DSA or the WVK board.
.There are two deadlines for fund proposals. The first deadline of the academic year is 1 December (or the Friday before is this day is in the weekend). On this date, ALL fund proposals have to be submitted, any late proposals will get rejected.
The second deadline is 10 May and requires all associations to submit at least one proposal. We strongly advice you to submit ALL fund proposals of the past semester to prevent losing funds during the board transition. After receiving funding for an activity, the activity can at most turn out break even. Under no circumstances can a profitable activity receive funding.

Annual report

All recognized student association must submit an annual report for the previous civil year every year before February 10th (so at last on the 9th) in order to extend their recognition by Ghent University. The annual report must be uploaded digitally (as a single PDF file) here.

Financial report

The financial report was introduced in 2012 to get a clearer overview of the financial functioning of all WVK associations. This report must be submitted before februari 10th (so at last on the 9th), just as the annual report. This report however needs te be sent to WVK-central. WVK-central can then use this data to set up a fair subsidy distribution that is more in line with the financial needs of the various associations. In addition, WVK-central wants to encourage associations to think about the finances of their association. This report is only mandatory if an association wishes to claim more subsidies than the basic subsidies (see articles of association).
The template for the financial report consists of two parts. The first part contains the financial report of the past civil year (and therefore not of the previous academic year). The second part a budget for the coming civil year. This document will be kept in the archive, so that they can be consulted by the association if they no longer have an up-to-date overview of the finances of previous years.
A template of the financial report can be found here and is available as an Excel document in which all data can be entered.

Cambio rental

The DSA provides Cambio pool cards for recognized associations. This allows associations to use a car for all kinds of logistical purposes and it is also eligible for subsidy. You can consult the official DSA page about the Cambio rental here.
The procedure for using this service is fairly simple. We recommend that you go to the DSA secretariat in person and ask if there are any pool cards available (for the first time, afterwards you can simply send an email if you have mastered the procedure). You specify the date (s) when you would use the Cambio as well as the desired pick-up location and type of car (the secretariat will certainly help you with this the first time). After the reservation has been made, you will receive a Cambio pool card (or you must pick it up at the secretariat if you have reserved via email) together with a numeric code. At the time of reservation you go with the pool card to the pickup place and hold the card against the receiver under the windshield so that it will unlock. In the glove box you will find the key of the car with a device where you have to enter the numerical code. Viola, now you are ready to ride.
Return the car to the same place in time (and ensure that the tank is at least 1/4th full, so that the next user can also start his / her journey without having to refuel immediately), lock the key again and lock the car with the badge. Now all you have to do is return the badge to the DSA secretariat.
Is the tank less than 1/4th full after your ride or do you have to refuel? Use the fuel card that is on board the Cambio. Also make sure that after filling up, you enter the mileage at the time of the refueling on the trip report. P.S. Before you pass by the pump, check the fuel card to see which brands you can go to.

Glass rental

A lot of student associations use Levi Party Rental for glasses, bar tap etc. They have an option to deliver or using a Cambio you can choose to pick up the items yourself.

Reimbursement for speakers

If a speaker comes to explain a specific topic, this can be directly reimbursed from your fund budget. The maximum reimbursement for all speakers together, including travel costs, is 112.5 Euro per academic year. Original proof must be provided for travel expenses. To request a reimbursement, all you have to do is fill in and hand out this document at the DSA. The subsidy regulations state that goods with a personal final destination, as well as food and drink, are eligible for funding if they are for reimbursing a speaker and the original evidence is submitted.


You can always consult another overview of the important deadlines here.
The WVK, together with six other Konventen as well as the DSA, GSR, Schamper, Urgent.FM, 12urenloop, Massacantus, are responsible for assisting the various student associations in Ghent, for this the presidents regularly meet at the Vergadering van KonventsVoorzitters (VKV). There we decide on issues such as the subsidy amounts as well as how we as students can contribute to the general life in Ghent. The reports of these meetings can be consulted here. Do you have a proposal or a question that is greater than the effect of one Konvent? Then submit this to the WVK board so that this proposal can be submitted to the VKV.